Tor Support Services (TSS) is a Devon based charity which was established in May 2009 to provide counselling for children and young people from Okehampton and its surrounding Parishes. In 2011 TSS registered as a charity and re-registered as a charitable incorporated organisation in 2015 (Number:1163407) and committed to a secure and sustainable long term future.
Our constitution’s stated objectives are:
The relief of persons and in particular children and young people between the ages of 5 and 25 by providing confidential counselling, information and advice for those in need and their families.
Counselling is provided by a team of employed and volunteer counsellors, who have undertaken extensive training in counselling or psychotherapy, and participate in on-going continuing professional development.
There is a small board of trustees who manage the service and have ultimate responsibility:
- Kathryn Vile (Chair)
- Karen Nolan (Treasurer)
- Sam Williams (Secretary)
- Hilary Waller
- Theresa Weaver
- Caleb Stevens
- Wendy Bloor
- Simon Hill
The trustees can be contacted by emailing: secretary@
British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
TSS is an organisational member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). We adhere to its values and principals as laid out in its Ethical Framework, complaints procedures and guidelines.
BACP Ethical Framework outlines the following principles of counselling and psychotherapy:
- Fidelity: honouring the trust placed in the practitioner
- Autonomy: respect for the client’s right to be self-governing
- Beneficence: a commitment to promoting the client’s well-being
- Non-maleficence: a commitment to avoiding harm to the client
- Justice: the fair and impartial treatment of all clients and the provision of adequate services
- Self-respect: fostering the practitioner’s self-knowledge and care for self